Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TRAINER BOUND.....

Man, can you believe this weather, It was incredibly nice here in Belgrade today. Not very "cross like", but I don't hear to many people complaining about it. Unfortunately for me, between work and shuttling kids, I didn't get a chance to enjoy it with a ride. So, another trainer session for me. As much as I complain about riding the trainer, it sure is an awesome training tool. You can really cause some serious self inflicted pain on those things. Since you don't have to worry about traffic, running into a tree, or even keeping your balance, you can really put the hurt on. At the end of some of the intervals, it's all I can do to keep from falling off the bike. I tend to make a few moaning, groaning, even cussing noises when I really push it. My wife said it sounded like I was having a baby down in the PURE coaching studio tonight. I told her what I was doing was probably much harder than having a baby. I don't think she liked that. But man, if having a baby is harder than what I was doing on the bike tonight, it must be pretty intense! OK, for all you mothers out there, I am sure having a baby is much harder than my little trainer ride, just saying I was hurting....I know you can hurt yourself out on a ride as well, but on the trainer, at least for me, I can take it just a touch farther it seems. I'll still complain about having to ride the damned thing, though, probably as soon as tomorrow if I'm unlucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment